Table of ContentsHow to make tender southern, soul food style pork neck bones in the CrockPot!
Soul food recipes. I get it, y’all want more. Apparently there are several recipe that you want NOW, and honey, I am here to deliver. Let’s start off with some good old fashioned pork neck bones. In the past I’ve shared a couple of recipe for pork neck bones, but this time around I’m going to show you how to make them in the slow cooker!
You’ll find that this recipe is extremely easy, and very affordable. You need minimal ingredients for this old fashioned southern dish. Serve these pork neck bones with rice & collard greens, and you’re good!
Watch me make my pork neck bones!
Soul Food Style Pork Neck Bones
- 4 lbs pork neck bones
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- Clean the pork neck bones.
- Drizzle the neck bones with the vegetable oil, and apple cider vinegar.
- Season the neck bones with all of the seasonings, then place them in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle in the cornstarch, and stir. Make sure that all the neck bones are coated with the cornstarch.
- Toss in the chopped onions.
- Pour in the water or chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Make sure that you periodically stir the neck bones ( every hour).
- Once done serve, and enjoy! XOXO
Leave a Reply to Eri Gee Cancel reply