Easy fried rice made with ground beef, bacon, frozen mixed vegetables, rice, then seasoned to perfection!
My husband loves poor man dishes. I guess you can say he’s one of those easy to please fellas. One of his favorite poor man dishes that I made is my ground beef, bacon, & vegetable fried rice. I swear he can’t get enough of this stuff. He would eat it every day if I allowed him to!
I love making this poor mans fried rice because it’s super quick to and easy to whip up. Plus, it’s budget friendly.
How to Make Poor Man’s Fried Rice: A Catch-All of Ingredients!
For this delicious ground beef, bacon, & vegetable fried rice I use frozen mixed vegetables. You know the kind with peas, carrots, green beans, corn, and etc? I guess that’s my way of sneaking vegetables in!
This meal is perfect for those busy weeknights. You can make store bought egg rolls, and call it a meal!
Print the recipe for this easy poor mans fried rice, and don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list!
Poor Man's Fried Rice with Ground Beef and Bacon
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice white or brown
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb bacon diced
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 medium sized eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- green onions for garnishing
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat, then remove the meat from the pan, and drain the fat.
- Next cook the bacon in the pan, and do not drain the fat!
- Once it's crisp, toss in all the vegetables.
- Next, the ground beef back into the pan.
- Now add in the rice, and fold the ingredients until well combined.
- Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Fold the ingredients, pour the eggs over the rice.
- Fold the eggs in, until cooked.
- Drizzle in the sesame oil, and fold in.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve & enjoy!
Loved this poor man’s fried rice recipe? Try these recipes as well!
Leave a Reply to Rosie Cancel reply