A non traditional lasagna recipe made Philly Cheesesteak Style! Loaded with tender steak, peppers, onions, ricotta, over 5 cheeses, AND a creamy homemade sauce!
A Simple Recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Lasagna!
Recently I asked my readers to pick this years recipe. I got a HUGE response. A lot of you asked for casseroles, some asked for Philly cheesesteak recipes, while others asked for more slow cooker recipes. I will try my very best to answer as many request as I possibly can this year ( You can still leave a request here!), but I’m going to combine the casserole & Philly cheesesteak recipe for this post, and share my recipe for homemade Philly Cheesesteak Lasagna!
For this recipe I use Beef Chuck Flank Iron Steak. Depending on where you get the steak, it may cost a tad bit more than other steak, but I ensure you that it is worth it. This steak is super tender, and juicy, unlike other cuts.
All of the cheese used in this lasagna can be found at you local grocery store. I got all of my cheeses from my local Krogers store, from the deli. However, you can find them at other stores as well such as Safeway, Wincos, and etc….
This recipe may seem a tad bit intimidating, however it is quite easy. If anything, it’s time consuming, but worth every minute.
Try making this Philly Cheesesteak Lasagna for your next get together, or Sunday dinner!
While you’re here, check out some of my other lasagna recipes!
ZUCCHINI LASAGNA ROLL UPS WITH BEEF & RICOTTA
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to my mailing list for more recipes! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube!
Watch me make this homemade Philly cheesesteak Lasagna!
Philly Cheesesteak Lasagna
- 16 oz of lasagna pasta
- 2 lbs Beef Chuck flank iron steak thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper sliced
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese shredded
- 1/2 lb white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 lb Muenster cheese shredded
- 1/4 lb Creamy Harvarti cubed
- 16 oz ricotta
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 8 oz Mascarpone
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 2 tsp fresh or dehydrated minced garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt & pepper for taste
- Pour 2 tbsp of vegetable oil into a large pot of pan, then heat up over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the steak, season with the salt & pepper, then cook for about 5 minutes.
- Next, remove the steak from the pan, then add in the peppers & onions. Season with sat & pepper.
- Cook until translucent, then remove from the pan.
- Combine the steak, onions, and peppers, then toss in the minced garlic. Set to the side.
- In medium sized sauce pan, add 4 tbsp of salted butter, and melt down over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in 1/3 cup of all purpose flour, then stir and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Next pour in the milk, then add the mascarpone cheese.
- Stir the ingredients, and now add in the creamy harvarti.
- Stir the ingredients, until all sauce is creamy, and everything is melted & creamy.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Now cook the pasta until it al dente'.
- Combine the ricotta, eggs, 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese, and Italian herbs.
- Mix until well combined.
- Combine all of the remaining cheese.
- Now it's time to LAYER THE INGREDIENTS!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly oil a 9x13 bake dish.
- Add in a layer of pasta, then the ricotta mixture, the cheese mixture, the pepper and onions, then the cheese sauce.
- The top off with sauce, steak, and cheese.
- Leave the lasagna uncovered,
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before digging in.
- Serve & enjoy!
Leave a Reply to Tamara Cancel reply