Homemade moist chocolate banana bread, made with ripe bananas & cocoa. Made from scratch!
Hey y’all – I am on a serious banana bread recipe kick! A few days ago, I shared a recipe for homemade easy banana bread. This time around, we’re going to make homemade moist chocolate banana bread! This banana bread recipe is freaking out of this world. It’s so moist, and chocolatey! I just can’t get enough of this homemade banana bread!
What kind of bananas work best for this chocolate banana bread recipe?
A simple reminder – Only use ripe bananas for this banana bread recipe. Don’t use the pretty ones, fresh from the store. Use the ugly bananas with brown spots. Seriously, those work best!
Print the recipe for this moist chocolate banana bread, and be sure to follow me on Facebook!
Moist Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 3 medium bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + an extra handful to sprinkle on top of the banana bread prior to baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray and 9x5x3 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- In a large separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, softened butter, sugars, egg, vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the extra mini chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely prior to slicing.
- Serve & enjoy!