A Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe for Game Day!
Football season is officially here, so you’re definitely going to need a few appetizer recipes on hand. In this post I’m sharing a recipe for Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings. These Lemon pepper wings are simply amazing. They’re zesty, crispy, and unbelievably moist. For these wings, I will be using very few ingredients, and most of the ingredients (if not all) you probably have on hand.
So first thing first. Unlike most lemon pepper chicken wings, this version is battered and fried. I love the combination of the zest from the lemon and the crisp fried skin. I deep fried the chicken in corn oil, but you can use another vegetable oil such as canola, or even peanut oil if you choose. Here’s the recipe!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Pour the lemon juice over the chicken, then season the chicken with 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp of onion powder. Use your hands to toss the chicken, and make sure it is well coated with the seasonings.
- In a separate bowl, add 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 2 tsp of lemon pepper, and 1 tsp parsley flakes. Use your hands or utensil to make sure that the seasonings are well threw out the flour.
- Coat the chicken wings with the seasoned flour.
- In your deep fryer or pan, pour in the vegetable oil. Heat the oil to 350-360 F.
- Place the chicken into the hot oil, and fry until it’s golden ( make sure it’s done, by piercing the chicken down to the bone with a small knife or fork. If no blood is visible, the chicken is done).
- Place the chicken on a paper towel lined cookie sheet or plate, for two minutes.
I like serving these wings with ranch, BBQ and bleu cheese dip. You can also dress up your platter with lemon wedges, and veggie sticks. I hope that you give this recipe a try!
If you enjoyed these Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings, you’ve got to try these other wing recipes!
Don’t forget to tag and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out all my cookbooks! I just released a brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.