Delicious homemade crowd pleasing pecan pie bars. You’re probably gonna wanna make two of these during the holidays!
Pecan pie is a big deal in my home, especially during the holidays. I like to make at least 3 pecan pies for Thanksgiving, so that everyone can get plenty of pie, and I don’t have to worry about anyone fighting over the last piece. This year year, I plan on making a several sweet potato pies, 2 pecan pies, and two dishes of pecan pie bars. Yes. I will be baking my butt off!
Within this post, I will be sharing my recipe for pecan pie bars. It’s a little time consuming, because it’s homemade, but I promise that it is so worth it!
Make and serve these pecan pie bars at your next event, and back, and watch the compliments roll in!
Be sure to PIN this recipe on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and be sure to follow me on Facebook!
Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup butter unsalted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start off with the crust: Mix together the flour, butter and sugar at medium speed with a hand mixer. When the mixture looks like crumbs, add in the chopped pecans.
- Add the mixture to the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, mix together the corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, flour, and vanilla until it's completely mixed.
- Add in the chopped pecans and fold in.
- Add the filling on top of the baked crust, making sure to spread it evenly.
- Bake for another 30 minutes until filling is set.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool completely.
- Serve & enjoy!