Homemade lemon body scrub made with coconut oil, real lemon zest, sugar, and a few more ingredients!
An Easy, Do-It-Yourself Recipe for Homemade Lemon Body Scrub!
I love body scrubs, bath bombs, and all other stuff. However, because of my dry skin I can’t use a lot of the goodies sold in stores, because of all the chemicals in the products.
Usually the store bought stuff leaves my skin extremely tight, dry, and dare I say it…. ASHY!
For the past few years I’ve actually been making most of my personal care products such as bath salts, scrubs, body creams, bath bombs, and hair moisturizers.
While you’re here, check out some of my other recipes!
By making my own beauty products, I am able to control how much of what is in each item.
Homemade Lemon Body Scrub
- ½ C. Coconut Oil
- ½ C. White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 5-10 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2-4 drops yellow food coloring
- Place the coconut oil in microwave until melted.
- In a large bowl, add white sugar and coconut oil.
- Mix together until a thick paste is formed.
- Add the lemon extract, lemon essential oil, food coloring and lemon zest.
- Stir until mixture is well blended and fluffy.
- Store in an air tight glass jar in the refrigerator until ready to use.