Easily Prepared Tender Garlic T-bone Steak with two simple side dishes
Valentines Day is right in a few days, and everyone will be spending their top dollars on candy, flowers, and dinners at expensive restaurants. I’m not one to tell you all to NOT eat out, but I will tell you that there are other options. Instead of paying $100+ on a simple dinner, you can buy ingredients, and make dinner at home and end up paying a fraction of the price. This option is also perfect for those of us parents that can’t find a babysitter OR like to celebrate valentines day as a family.
In this post, I’m going to show you how I made this super easy Garlic steak dinner for two ( that can easily be turned into a dinner for 4 or more). The steak used are t-bones, and instead of grilling them, I will prepare them in the oven! I will also prepare two simple side dishes, that will also be popped in the oven. Like, seriously- these recipe is practically foolproof. Check it out!
Watch me cook the dinner
Garlic Steak Dinner for Two
- 2 large t-bone steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp your favorite steak seasoning I used Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- 1 small onion sliced
- 4 corn cobs fresh or frozen (note that in the video, the corn was frozen when it was prepared. You CAN do the same, or let it defrost before preparing. I DIDN'T place the corn into the oven until it was defrosted)
- parsley flakes
- smoked paprika
Baked Potato Recipe
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sour cream
- Place steak into a bake dish then drizzle the olive oil onto them. Use your fingers to make sure both sides are coated.
- Season both sides on the steak with the seasoning, and minced garlic.
- Top the steaks with the sliced onions.
- Cover the steaks with foil, then bake on 350 F for 40 minutes.
- Butter the corn with as much or as little butter as you want to use.
- To add color to the corn sprinkle parsley flakes and smoked paprika
- Cover and bake on 350 F for 15 minutes
Baked Potato Directions
- Make sure that the potatoes are clean prior to anything.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, then wrap them in foil ( watch the video above).
- Bake the potatoes on 350 F for 40 minutes.
- Dress up the potatoes with as much butter, sour cream, and real bacon bits that you'd like to use.