Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe Made with Fresh Tomatoes, Heavy Cream, Garlic and Seasonings!
A Simple Recipe for Homemade Fresh Tomato Soup!
What’s better than a nice hot creamy bowl of fresh tomato soup during fall or winter? I swear I can’t get enough of it! Especially when the tomato soup is served with a deluxe grilled cheese sandwich! OOH chile’ my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
In this post, I’m going to share a super easy recipe for homemade tomato soup.
How to Make the Most Savory Fresh Tomato Soup
This tomato soup recipe is made with fresh tomatoes, garlic, a little basil and heavy cream.
Everything is cooked on the stovetop, then tossed into a food processor (blender) to make it super creamy, then transferred back to the pot to cook some more.
It may sound a tad bit difficult, but I swear this fresh tomato soup recipe is super easy to make!
Print the recipe below, and try it out for yourself. Don’t forget to tag and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out all my cookbooks! I just released a brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Fresh Tomato Soup
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add in onions and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, gently add in the rest of the ingredients, except for the heavy cream.
- Bring ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and partially cover pot for 25-30 minutes, stirring soup occasionally.
- After 25-30 minutes, turn off heat and allow soup to cool slightly for a few minutes.
- Add soup, in batches, to a blender (you may have to move soup into a very large bowl for this process). Puree soup to a creamy consistency, return to the pan. Once all of the soup has been pureed, stir in heavy cream.
- Pour the soup back into the pot, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese, and parsley flakes.
- Serve with crispy bread or crackers.