Fresh Apple Cake Recipe, with Maple Glaze. I just couldn’t wait until fall to post this amazing old fashioned fresh apple cake recipe!
A simple, made-from-scratch fresh apple cake with maple glaze recipe!
I have been getting a ton of requests for a fresh apple cake recipe. I must admit, I am far behind on this one. It took me a while to play around with a few recipes until I got an amazing outcome. I tried Paula Deen’s recipe for fresh apple cake, and I think hers was by far the best recipe online. So this recipe for fresh apple cake, was inspired by her, but I did change it up a bit!
This fresh apple cake is made from scratch. There is no cheating, but don’t be intimidated, because it’s not hard to make. You will need some fresh apples for this apple cake recipe. You can use either granny smith apples, or pink lady apples. Both work great. I also use apple sauce for this recipe. The apple sauce adds more apple flavor, and it also helps the cake stay nice and moist!
I make a nice maple glaze for this cake. It really pair well! Although I prefer the apple cake with glaze, if you’re not a fan of glaze, or want to cut some of the sugar out, you can skip the glaze.
While you’re here, check out some of my other apple recipes!
CARAMEL APPLE PULL APART BREAD
I honestly think that this is the best apple cake recipe ever… well this and my apple sauce cake recipe, but that isn’t posted yet 😉
Check out these recipes as well!
Print the recipe for this amazing fresh apple cake, and don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & Pinterest!
Fresh Apple Cake with Maple Glaze
- 3 large granny smith apples/ or pink lady peeled & chopped
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven on 325 F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, sugar, applesauce, vanilla, and oil. Mix.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Add in the apples, and coconut.
- Fold the ingredients.
- Grease & lightly flour a bundt or tube pan.
- Pour in the cake batter.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze, and mix until it's lump free.
- Once the cake is nice and cool, spoon the glaze on top.
- Let the cake sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
Leave a Reply to Lorraine Banath-Yasharahla Cancel reply