Easy honeybun cake made with yellow cake mix. My family can’t get enough of this cake!
A few weeks ago I asked y’all which desserts you wanted me to upload for the holidays. To my surprise many of you requested an easy moist honeybun cake recipe! Well my loves – I am here, and ready to share this super easy honeybun cake recipe that I have made TWICE this past week, because my family just can’t get enough of this stuff!
For all of my readers that hate from scratch recipes, you’ll be pleased to know that this honey bun cake recipe is made with a box of yellow cake mix. So no worries, you will be able to make this easy moist honeybun cake without any issues!
This recipe will quickly become a family favorite. If you’re making it during the holidays, I suggest making more than one honeybun cake, because it will go fast!
Save & share this PIN on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and be sure to follow me on Facebook! XOXO
Easy Moist Honeybun Cake
- 15 oz yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup butter unsalted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 9X13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, buttermilk and butter.
- After the batter is well combine, pour half of it into your prepared pan.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, nutmef and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top of the batter in your pan, covering the entire area.
- Take the remaining batter and pour it over the brown sugar mixture.
- Using a knife, swirl the top layer of batter and brown sugar mixture together to make a pretty swirl design
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- While baking, prepare the icing by mixing the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, pour the icing all over.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve & enjoy!