How I make, prepare and freeze my lasagna for a later date.
Hi friends! In my previous post I shared my recipe for homemade meat sauce. If you watched the video, you probably noticed that I included lasagna recipe, and wondered where the heck it was. Well, I’m uploading it now! Not only am I going to show you how I make lasagna, I’m also going to show you how I turn it into a freezer meal. Let’s get stared!
I was inspired to upload this recipe mainly because of my subscribers. Many of you have been requesting a easy lasagna recipe. Honestly, I don’t think my lasagna recipe could be any easier. I use basic & minimal ingredients, and since I make my sauce ahead of time this recipe isn’t very time consuming.
Another reason that I was inspired to share this recipe is because I am not a huge fan of store bought frozen lasagna. Maybe I’m buying the wrong brand, but whenever I buy it, it’s watery, lacks flavor, and they are skimp on the cheese… and y’all know I love my cheese!
My recipe is pretty basic, but you can add more stuff to your lasagna if you want. Again, I use my homemade meat sauce, but if you can use store bought pasta sauce if you choose.
FYI, this recipe made TWO 5×8 pans of lasagna.
Easy Homemade Lasagna
- 1/2 lb of lasagna pasta
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups meat sauce
- 1/2 lb Italian mild sausage
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Warm up the meat sauce over medium heat.
- In a separate pan cook the Italian sausage over medium heat, and drain the fat.
- Once the sausage is cooked, toss it into the pot with the meat sauce, and reduce the heat to medium low. Let cook for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ricotta,1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella, and two large eggs. Fold the ingredients, until everything is well combined.
- In a large pot, enough water to boil the pasta in.
- Sprinkle in 1 tsp of salt, and add in 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Cook the pasta until it is nice and firm, then drain it.
- Cut the pasta so that it can fit your bake dish/pan.
- At the bottom of the pan add a nice layer of meat sauce.
- Next add a layer of pasta, then the cheese mix, then more meat sauce. Repeat the layers.
- Top the lasagna off with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the lid on top of the lasagna, and seal it closed.
- Bake on 375 F for 40-45 minutes
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving
Leave a Reply to Natacha Cancel reply