How I make, prepare and freeze my lasagna for a later date.
Hi friends! In my previous post I shared my recipe for homemade meat sauce. If you watched the video, you probably noticed that I included lasagna recipe, and wondered where the heck it was. Well, I’m uploading it now! Not only am I going to show you how I make lasagna, I’m also going to show you how I turn it into a freezer meal. Let’s get stared!
I was inspired to upload this recipe mainly because of my subscribers. Many of you have been requesting a easy lasagna recipe. Honestly, I don’t think my lasagna recipe could be any easier. I use basic & minimal ingredients, and since I make my sauce ahead of time this recipe isn’t very time consuming.
Another reason that I was inspired to share this recipe is because I am not a huge fan of store bought frozen lasagna. Maybe I’m buying the wrong brand, but whenever I buy it, it’s watery, lacks flavor, and they are skimp on the cheese… and y’all know I love my cheese!
My recipe is pretty basic, but you can add more stuff to your lasagna if you want. Again, I use my homemade meat sauce, but if you can use store bought pasta sauce if you choose.
FYI, this recipe made TWO 5×8 pans of lasagna.
Easy Homemade Lasagna
- 1/2 lb of lasagna pasta
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups meat sauce
- 1/2 lb Italian mild sausage
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Warm up the meat sauce over medium heat.
- In a separate pan cook the Italian sausage over medium heat, and drain the fat.
- Once the sausage is cooked, toss it into the pot with the meat sauce, and reduce the heat to medium low. Let cook for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ricotta,1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella, and two large eggs. Fold the ingredients, until everything is well combined.
- In a large pot, enough water to boil the pasta in.
- Sprinkle in 1 tsp of salt, and add in 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Cook the pasta until it is nice and firm, then drain it.
- Cut the pasta so that it can fit your bake dish/pan.
- At the bottom of the pan add a nice layer of meat sauce.
- Next add a layer of pasta, then the cheese mix, then more meat sauce. Repeat the layers.
- Top the lasagna off with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the lid on top of the lasagna, and seal it closed.
- Bake on 375 F for 40-45 minutes
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving
I made this tonight. My family LOVED it. I used jarred pasta sauce with meat and added a pound each of cooked ground meat and Italian sausage to it. My family consists of carnivores. Lol. Followed the rest of the recipe exactly. There was none left!! Thanks for this recipe!!
So glad that you liked it!
OMGEEE I can’t wait to try this!!! Thank you Rosie !!!
So glad to have this recipe. I will try it after the holiday.
Thanks Rosie. You should be on a cooking show.
Thank you! Enjoy the recipe!
Thank you so much for the recipe. I made it last week and my family LOVED it!!
Hi Natasha! Thanks for trying my recipe!
Hi. How long does it need to thaw out of the freezer before putting in the oven?
That may vary. I usually set mine out about 1-2 hours. Until it’s completely thawed out.
Morisa Clark says
We loved it! Very simple & thank you.
Awesome. Thanks for trying it out.
Ms. Lisa says
Gurrrrl! I just want you to know I have been using your recipes and making dishes for my fiance and let me just say, I am getting closer to the altar each time! LOL Thank you for providing the video’s along with the recipes. I am a visual person so sometimes I have to go to the video for instruction. I have only one request and that would be if you can put how many servings on your recipes so I will know if I need to double the amounts.
Again, thank you for everything and I’ll send you the pics once I jump that broom!
Hi Lisa! I will try to add the serving amounts for future recipes 🙂
Looks delicious. I will be making this soon.
Looks great! Do you bake the lasagna with the lid on or off?
I leave the foil on 🙂