Bucatini pasta tossed in a white wine & creamy bacon sauce, with lemony chicken, crisp bacon, tomatoes, fresh spinach & more!
A Simple Recipe for Lemony Chicken & Bacon Bucatini!
Valentine’s day is right around the corner, and as promised I have a delicious Dinner For Two for you all to enjoy! This time around we will be making a delicious pasta dish!
The star of this dish is the bucatini pasta. Bucatini pasta is very similar to spaghetti; however, it has a small hole in the center that runs lengthwise. I guess you can say it’s like a combination of elbow macaroni and spaghetti.
This pasta works perfect for this dish (and many others) because it will pocket the wine sauce that we will be making and tossing the pasta in. Aside from the amazing wine sauce, this dish will have plenty of ripe tomatoes, juicy chicken, smokey bacon and more.
While you’re here, check out some of my other Dinner for Two recipes!
PENNE WITH HOMEMADE VODKA SAUCE
CHEESE TORTELLINI AND CREAMY MUSHROOM ALFREDO
This dish is perfect for date night and can be served with a fresh salad and garlic bread to make a complete meal.
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to my mailing list for more recipes! Follow me in Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube, and check out my cookbooks! I just released a brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Lemony Chicken and Bacon Bucatini Recipe Card and Video Tutorial
Dinner For Two : Lemony Chicken & Bacon Bucatini
- 12 oz Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 small lemon needed for fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Drizzle the chicken with 2 tsp of vegetable oil, then season with the lemon pepper.
- Lightly oil a bake dish, then toss in the chicken breast.
- Cover the bake dish, and bake the chicken on 350 F, for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, fry up the bacon.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, then remove from the pan, but leave the rendered fat.
- Once the bacon & chicken is done, cut into small pieces, then set to the side.
- Follow the directions on the back of the Barilla Bucatini box, to prepare the pasta
- While the pasta is cooking, place the pan of bacon dripping over medium heat.
- Once the bacon fat is hot, slowly pour in the white wine.
- Let the white wine, and bacon fat cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, then add it into the pot with the white wine & bacon fat mixture.
- Next add in the chicken, bacon, fresh garlic, and tomatoes.
- Combine the ingredients.
- Next add in the Italian herbs, and fresh lemon juice.
- Add in the fresh spinach, then fold the ingredients.
- Sprinkle in the parsley flakes & red pepper flakes.
- Last, but not least add in the parmesan cheese, then fold the ingredients.
- Serve & enjoy!
This dish looks delicious! I love Barilla pastas and any and all things lemon. Thank you for sharing. Will def give this a try.
Miss V says
Instead of white wine what can I use. I don’t drink and I don’t want go buy wine at store. Iam preacher wife. Can I use water, milk, or even Swanson broth. I don’t drink and people eating this dish don’t need any alcohol. Also this will be good disk to serve with your southern style peachcobbler as dessert. I make your peach cobbler every time I do people rave about how good cobbler taste. For Valentine’s day add ice cream or even whipped cream. Add your salad as first course. Pasta would be second course and the peachcobbler be desert. You have three course meal .I love the table decoration. Light candle for Valentine’s. Go dollar store get vase. Add add add some dollar roses. It be cute and romantic. Add some soft Luther Vandross music. And put on your red dress and high heels. It be better than going out for dinner . for pasta dinner use 4 skin less chicken use two in dish. Use extra two to eat along with the pasta.
Hi Miss V! You can use chicken broth, instead of the wine. It will taste different, but still would be delicious! XOXO
What if you don’t eat Bacon, can I omit? Will dish still taste the same?
Hi Shay! Absolutely. You can omit, but it will miss the smokey flavor. Is it that you don’t eat pork? If so, try turkey bacon 🙂
Maria Lee says
Oh my!!!! This dinner was DELICIOUS!!!! My husband had to double. I followed the recipe, and I think instead of baking the chicken, I would pan fried it also it needed a little bit of salt for my taste. Thank you!!! I will do it again!
If we can’t find this special pasta may we use spaghetti or linguine noodles?
Hi Maria! Absolutely! XOXO
Hi Maria! I couldn’t find the pasta at our grocery stores, but it was at Target.
Hi Rosie, Thank-you for all the wonderful recipes.What a beautiful lady you are with a beautiful giving spirit.We soooo appreciate all you give.May the same beautiful giving spirit return to you…….Thanks again….Brenda
Thanks so much for the kind words Brenda! XOXO
Hi Rosie, this recipe will be served for my Valentine night dinner. However I have a strange reaction to spinage. Can you please suggest any alternatives. Than you for your delicious recipes.
Try using Kale 🙂
This is absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe. (I tried to rate it a 5 but the app on my phone wouldn’t let me for some weird reason)
Glad that you liked the recipe!
What is the best white wine to use for this recipe?
Try Sauvignon Blanc