Bucatini pasta tossed in a white wine & creamy bacon sauce, with lemony chicken, crisp bacon, tomatoes, fresh spinach & more!
A Simple Recipe for Lemony Chicken & Bacon Bucatini!
Valentine’s day is right around the corner, and as promised I have a delicious Dinner For Two for you all to enjoy! This time around we will be making a delicious pasta dish!
The star of this dish is the bucatini pasta. Bucatini pasta is very similar to spaghetti, however it has a small hole in the center, and runs lengthwise. I guess you can say it’s like a combination of elbow macaroni and spaghetti.
This pasta works perfect for this dish ( and many others) because it will pocket the wine sauce that we will be making, and tossing the pasta in. Aside from the amazing wine sauce, this dish will have plenty of ripe tomatoes, juicy chicken, smokey bacon, and more.
While you’re here, check out some of my other Dinner for Two recipes!
This dish is perfect for date night, and can be served with a fresh salad, and garlic bread to make a complete meal.
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to my mailing list for more recipes! Follow me in Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube!
Watch me make this dish, and check out my table setting!
Dinner For Two : Lemony Chicken & Bacon Bucatini
- 12 oz Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 small lemon needed for fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Drizzle the chicken with 2 tsp of vegetable oil, then season with the lemon pepper.
- Lightly oil a bake dish, then toss in the chicken breast.
- Cover the bake dish, and bake the chicken on 350 F, for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, fry up the bacon.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, then remove from the pan, but leave the rendered fat.
- Once the bacon & chicken is done, cut into small pieces, then set to the side.
- Follow the directions on the back of the Barilla Bucatini box, to prepare the pasta
- While the pasta is cooking, place the pan of bacon dripping over medium heat.
- Once the bacon fat is hot, slowly pour in the white wine.
- Let the white wine, and bacon fat cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, then add it into the pot with the white wine & bacon fat mixture.
- Next add in the chicken, bacon, fresh garlic, and tomatoes.
- Combine the ingredients.
- Next add in the Italian herbs, and fresh lemon juice.
- Add in the fresh spinach, then fold the ingredients.
- Sprinkle in the parsley flakes & red pepper flakes.
- Last, but not least add in the parmesan cheese, then fold the ingredients.
- Serve & enjoy!