How to make flavorful creamy mashed potatoes. This mashed potatoes recipe is simply the best!
I just love homemade creamy mashed potatoes. But then again, who doesn’t? Creamy mashed potatoes go with everything… Fried Chicken, Turkey, Ham, you name it, and you can serve it with mashed potatoes! I guess you can call me a mashed potatoes snob, because I’m not a huge fan of instant mashed potatoes. I prefer to make my very own flavorful mashed potatoes.
There are so many ways to make mashed potatoes. Some people make their mashed potatoes recipe with cream cheese, others make their mashed potatoes with skin, and some even make their mashed potatoes recipe with sour cream. I personally like to make mine differently, and I think I have the best mashed potatoes recipe ever!
I start off by boiling my mashed potatoes in chicken broth. Why? Because it adds so much flavor! Forget about boiling your potatoes in plain water. Step up your game, and boil them in broth – IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
To make my mashed potatoes creamy, I add half & half ( which is half milk & half cream). The half & half does the trick, so no need for sour cream or cream cheese.
This mashed potato recipe is delicious already, but if you want, feel free to add a little bit of mozzarella for a cheesy mashed potato recipe!
Check out my video tutorial for my creamy mashed potato recipe, and don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
Creamiest Mashed Potatoes
- 6 - 8 medium sized russet potatoes washed, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 cup half & half or 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup cream
- 6 tbsp butter salted
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded or or grated
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Parsley flakes optional
- Place the chopped potatoes into a large pot then pour in the chicken broth.
- Boil the potatoes over high heat until they are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Toss 4 tbsp of butter into a large sauce pan, and melt it over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the potatoes, and mash them.
- Pour in the half & half, and mix.
- Sprinkle in the salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese, and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Put the mashed potatoes into your desired serving dish, and top it off with 2 tbsp of butter, and parsley flakes (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!