Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole made in under 40 minutes!
Hey friends! The other day, I was craving chicken parmesan. As much as I wanted it, I didn’t want to actually go through the steps to make it, so I decided to take a shortcut- I ended up making chicken parmesan casserole! The whole meal took me about 35 minutes to put together. Let me show & tell you how I did it.
Since I was pushing for time ( and feeling kinda lazy!) I decided to use some store bought chicken that I bought the day before. OMG, have you ever tried Safeway’s Rotisserie Chicken?! AHH-MAZINGGGGGG!!!
I also used my homemade vegetable marinara sauce. If you don’t have any homemade sauce on hand, it’s okay. I will give you a pass. Feel free to use your favorite pasta sauce. However, make sure you check out my vegetable marinara sauce , and Thank me later!
The pasta that I used was angel hair pasta. I love how thin, and light angel hair pasta is, and it was perfect for this casserole!
You can’t have chicken parmesan ANYTHING, without bread crumbs. I decided to go with the best darn bread crumbs out there…. Progresso’s Italian Style bread crumbs. Not a fan of Italian style? Feel free to use plain bread crumbs, or even panko!
Oh before I forget, I used a combination of mozzarella and parmesan cheese. You can do the same, or buy an Italian cheese blend.
Okay, so now that all of my yapping is out of the way- Who’s ready to cook?!
Here’s the video tutorial!
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken breast cubed
- 3 cups vegetable marinara or favorite pasta sauce
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp parsley flakes optional
- salt & pepper for taste
- Drizzle in the oil into a skillet, and turn the heat on medium.
- Toss in the chicken, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the pasta sauce, and mix until well combined.
- Meanwhile cook angel hair pasta until it's al dente, then drain.
- Add the pasta into the skillet with the sauce, and chicken.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spray a 8x8 bake dish with nonstick spray.
- Add in the pasta.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top, followed by the cheese.
- Sprinkle the parsley flakes on top of the casserole.
- Bake on 400 F for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!