Creamy cheesy scalloped potatoes made easily. This is the best scalloped potatoes recipe hands down!
I love scalloped potatoes. Like seriously, what’s there not to like? I have the best scalloped potatoes recipe ever, and of course I will be sharing it with you all within this post. This recipe is semi homemade. We will be using fresh potatoes of course, but we will cheat a little when it comes to making the cheese sauce.
Instead of making the sauce from scratch we will be using canned cheddar cheese soup ( Yup.. just like my slow cooker mac and cheese recipe!). The cheese soup will be mixed with heavy cream, milk, butter, gruyere cheese, garlic, onions, and spices. The outcome will be AMAZING!
Save & Share this PIN on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and be sure to follow me on Facebook!
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 5-6 medium sized russet potatoes peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 10 oz Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 8 oz Gruyère cheese cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, and 2 tsp of olive oil into a medium sized sauce pan.
- Place the pan over medium heat, and once the butter is melted toss in the onions.
- Cook the onions for about 2 minutes, then add in the garlic.
- Cook for and stir for about 1 minute.
- Now add in the cheese soup, heavy cream, and milk. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle in the black pepper, salt, and nutmeg. Stir.
- Add in the Gruyere cheese, and stir.
- Reduce the heat to low, and stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Next add the peeled & sliced potatoes into a well grease bake dish or cast iron skillet.
- Pour the cheese sauce all over the potatoes,
- Bake in the oven on 375 F, for about 50 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the oven, then sprinkle parsley flakes ( optional) on top.
- Let cool to a safe temperature.
- Serve & enjoy!