A Delicious Recipe for Brown Stewed Chicken!
Hey folks! In this post I’m sharing my recipe for Brown Stewed Chicken.
Brown Stewed chicken is a popular dish in the Caribbean, and there are many ways to prepare it. My recipe for brown stewed chicken is quite simple. I use ingredients that are easy to find at the grocery store and are also easy on my pockets.
This dish takes about 1 hour to make, most of the time comes from stewing the chicken.
Be sure to watch my video tutorial and give this recipe a try. Leave your comments below and tell me what you think!
Don’t forget to tag and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out all my cookbooks! I just released a brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Brown Stewed Chicken
- Clean the chicken, then set it in a large bowl. Season the chicken with the seasonings, and garlic, and rub in.
- Cover and refrigerate the chicken for two hours.
- Pour 1/4 vegetable oil into a pan, and turn the heat to medium high. Once the oil is hot, place the chicken into the pan.
- Fry each side of the chicken until it browns, then remove the chicken and set it on a plate.
- Add the carrots and onions to the pan, and fry until they soften. Pour out most of the oil, then add the ketchup. Stir the ingredients, and reduce the heat to medium.
- Place the chicken back into pan, then pour in 2 cups of hot water.
- Cover the pan with a lid, and let simmer 45 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally so that nothing burns at the bottom of the pan.