The most amazing breakfast enchiladas that my family and I have ever eaten!! These enchiladas are freaking amazing!!
So a few months ago my husband asked me to make some breakfast enchiladas. I jumped on it because, I had pinned a recipe from Pinterest that I was dying to try. The recipe was from Carls Bad Cravings, and let me tell you, I am SO glad that I saved the recipe! This recipe is the BOMB! Like seriously my husband, son, and I couldn’t stop going back for more. Needless to say since then, I’ve made it again and again.
Breakfast Enchiladas are the perfect weekend brunch recipe!
I made a few minor changes to this recipe, but not many. I just changed the cheeses, and a few other things. Be sure to check out the original recipe over at Carls Bad Cravings here!
Now before you get started I’d like to warn you that this breakfast enchiladas recipe is a tad bit time consuming, however you can make these breakfast enchiladas the day before which is always good!
Be sure to save & share this PIN on Pinterest! Don’t forget to subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube for plenty of recipe ideas.
Print the recipe below, and come follow me on Facebook!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter in olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the butter & olive oil are well combined, sprinkle in the flour.
- Cook for a few minutes, then reduce heat to low.
- Slowly pour & whisk in chicken broth until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat ,and and in the salsa and sour cream.
- Stir then set to the side.
- Combine the ham, green onions, bell peppers, minced garlic, tater tots, 2 cups of the Mexican blend cheese, and 1/4 cup salsa.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish .
- Divide enchilada filling between tortillas then roll them up like a burrito, then line them in the dish
- If you’re making these the day before, cover and refrigerate at this point to bake later .If you’re making the breakfast enchiladas for now, top with the remaining sauce and remaining cheeses and bake.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes then broil until cheese is golden.
- Top with garnishes.