Easy yams recipe made on the stovetop!
By now, you all know how much I love candied yams. So far I’ve shared a best ever yams recipe with marshmallows, and a southern baked yams recipe. This year I’m sharing my recipe for Bourbon Candied yams. However, unlike like previous yam recipes, I will be making these completely on the stovetop.
This recipe is very similar to my previous candied yams recipe, however I use bourbon whiskey, and corn syrup. The bourbon adds flavor, however if you aren’t down with it- you can leave it out.
These yams only take about 45- 50 minutes to make. You can make them a day before your holiday gathering, and simply warm them up over medium heat. This recipe can easily be double , tripled, and etc. Just make sure that you have a big enough pot or pan for all your ingredients!
Watch my video tutorial for these amazing bourbon candied yams
Stove Top Bourbon Candied Yams
These tender, buttery candied yams with bourbon are cooked to perfection on the stovetop. A heavenly dish for your next holiday gathering!
- 4 medium sized yams (peeled & chopped)
- 8 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ounce bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Add all of the ingredients into a medium sized pot.
- Turn the heat on medium, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Be sure to stir every 10 minutes or so, to make sure that it doesn’t burn.
- Reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off completely, and let cool.
- Serve & enjoy!