How to make a fabulous semi homemade banana pudding cake with simple ingredients!
Homemade banana pudding is favorite in my family. I swear every time that the holidays approach, or it’s someones birthday, people always ask me to make banana pudding. Recently, I was on the phone talking to my cousin TJ. He went on and on, about how our Grandmother made the very best banana pudding. He said that it was so good that it tasted like a cake! I swear, as soon as he said that, it reminded me that I had promised a few subscribers that I’d make a banana pudding cake for the holidays!
So during summer of 2016, I had several Instagram followers tag me on numerous banana pudding cakes. Everyone wanted to know how to make a homemade banana pudding cake in their very own kitchen. Truth be told, it isn’t hard at all!
For this cake recipe, you’ll need a box of yellow cake mix. Use all of the ingredients that the cake calls for EXCEPT for the water. Use milk, instead of the water. You’ll then add in banana pieces.
The next step will be baking the cake, and making a homemade vanilla buttercream frosting. After those steps are done, frost the cakes, and you’ll be enjoying your banana pudding cake in no time!
TIP: You CAN replace the middle layer of buttercream with vanilla pudding! XOXO
Watch my easy video tutorial for this easy, yet delicious banana pudding cake!
Banana Pudding Cake
- 15.25 box of Yellow Cake Mix
- - Replace water with milk
- - Add eggs as directed on box
- - Add vegetable oil as directed on box.
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas cut in small pieces
- Box of vanilla wafers
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the cake mix into a large bowl, then remove all of the lumps by sifting or whisking.
- Add in the milk, vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Toss in the bananas pieces into the batter, then fold in.
- Spray two 9 inch cake pans with baking spray or add parchment paper at the bottom of the pans.
- Pour the cake batter into both cake pans.
- Bake the cakes in the oven on 350 F for 25 minutes, or until done.
- Let the cakes cool completely.
- Combine the ingredients for the vanilla buttercream, and mix until creamy.
- Once the cakes are completely cool, frost them ( watch the video).
- Add vanilla wafers on the cake.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour.
- Serve & enjoy!