An Easy Recipe for Baked Vegetable Ziti!
Last week I shared a recipe for Baked Ziti with Meat Sauce. Well, in this post I will be sharing another amazing ziti recipe, but this time it’s Meatless. Don’t let this meatless pasta dish fool you. It’s packed with flavorful vegetables (which you can customize), Alfredo sauce, and, of course, cheese. As many of you know, I love using frozen vegetables. For this recipe I used a combination of fresh and frozen. You can use whatever is your preference. The veggies used for this casserole were carrots, kale, and broccoli. I used what I had on hand, and you should do the same. If you have a child that HATES vegetables, use this recipe to sneak them in. Kids are usually too busy enjoying the cheese and pasta, to realize that they’re also eating vegetables (hey! I’m a mom… my son unknowingly eats veggies that he CLAIMS to hate all the time). Give this recipe a try, and tell me what you think. Just remember to use what you have, and keep it on a budget! XOXO
Watch my Baked Vegetable Ziti recipe video below to see how it’s done!
Print the recipe card below, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Check out my brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Baked Vegetable Ziti
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 24 oz Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 2/3 cup shredded colby and cheddar mix cheese
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente’ then drain it, and place the pasta in a bake dish.
- Sprinkle in the garlic powder, Italian seasonings, onion powder, salt, and pepper. lightly toss the pasta.
- Add in all of the vegetables, and fold in.
- Pour the alfredo sauce over the pasta and vegetables, then stir in.
- Sprinkle in the cheddar and colby mixed cheese, and mix the ingredients until everything is nicely incorporated.
- Top the pasta off with the mozzarella cheese.
- Optional, sprinkle parsley flakes on top of the mozzarella.
- Bake the pasta, uncovered, on 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before digging in!
- Enjoy with a nice green salad and bread sticks!
If you enjoyed this Baked Vegetable Ziti recipe, check out these other meatless options!
SOUTHERN STYLE VEGETARIAN MEATLOAF
SOUTHERN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE
Leave a Reply to Rosie Cancel reply