Baked Chicken Wings Seasoned with Lime Juice, Cilantro, and More!
With Super Bowl coming I imagine that you could use a few chicken wing recipes. So far I’ve shared plenty including; hot wings, lemon pepper wings, and even honey chipotle wings. In this post, I’m going to show you how to make Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings!
For these wings, I used a 3 lb bag of party wings ( which as the section drumette and lil drumsticks things 😀 ) . Depending on how greedy your crowd is, this should easily feed 6 people…
Before I go any further, YES- you can use this recipe on other chicken pieces. I get that question asked a lot whenever I make chicken wings. The only thing that should change is the cooking time. However, since this is a chicken wing post, I will only be talking about the “wangs” 😛
This is how I cooked the Wangs ( yes… I said WANGS 😉 )
Baked Cilantro and Lime Chicken Wings
These baked chicken wings give a tart kick with a cilantro lime dressing. Serve with lime wedges for a game day hit!
- 3 lbs chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4- 6 limes (cut into wedges)
- 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp parsley flakes (optional)
- Make sure the chicken is nice and clean.
Place the garlic, onion, and cilantro into a food processor (or mince finely), and pulse until it resembles a paste.
- Place the chicken into a large bowl, then drizzle in the olive oil. Use your hands to make sure all of the chicken is coated with oil.
- Next squeeze in the fresh lime and lemon juice, then add in paste or minced mixture.
- Sprinkle in the Mrs. Dash seasoning, paprika, and parsley flakes. Use your hands to make sure that the chicken is well coated with everything.
- Spray your chosen bake dish with nonstick spray, then place the wings into the dish, and leave it UNCOVERED.
- Bake the wings on 400 F, for 30 minutes, then turn the heat down to 375, and let it cook for another 10 – 15 minutes..