How to make the best ever Sweet Potato Pie FUDGE..
I don’t know what it is, but whenever the holiday season hit I crave fudge. Somehow, I’ve made myself believe that it’s not truly a holiday season, if I can’t have an assortment of fudge. I’m talking vanilla fudge, chocolate fudge, and my new favorite… Sweet Potato Pie Fudge!
I came up with the idea of sweet potato pie fudge last year. I was browsing through several magazine, and I came across a recipe for pumpkin fudge. I loved the idea, but I knew that I would love the candy even more if I had used sweet potato instead of pumpkin. After a few test runs in the kitchen, it wasn’t long before I had made the perfect batch of creamy sweet potato pie fudge. My family, and I fell in love with the recipe, and I just know that y’all will too!
Try it out for yourself!
Check out my video Tutorial!
(Attention..In the video I said the mixture needs to reach 260 F. It actually has to reach 240 F , NOT 260 F.)
- 12 ounces white chocolate baking chips
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 12 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9x13 bake dish with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients ( except the walnuts) in a large pot, and place over medium heat.
- Let the ingredients melt, and stir continuously.
- Once the mixture is nice and smooth, turn the heat up to medium high.
- Stir, and let the candy mixture get up to 240 F. ( not 260 F as stated in the video..).
- Remove the candy mixture from the stovetop, add it the walnuts, and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the parchment paper lined bake dish, and let cool.
- Once completely cool, cut the fudge into desired shapes.