How to make amazing homemade blueberry cobbler with frozen blueberries… This is seriously the best southern blueberry cobbler recipe.. EVER!
Hey y’all! Who’s ready for a southern style cobbler recipe? I think the last cobbler recipe that I shared with you all was my soul food peach cobbler recipe, and that was months ago! Therefore it’s time to break you off with another homemade cobbler recipe, but this time, we’re making Southern Blueberry Cobbler!
My blueberry cobbler recipe is super easy. It’s very similar to a blueberry pie recipe, because I use pie crust. I know a lot of people love blueberry crisp, and blueberry cobblers cobblers made with bisquick. However I truly prefer using pie crust for my southern blueberry cobbler.
This cobbler uses minimal ingredients, and can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. It’s the perfect ANYTIME dessert, and it’s definitely a crowd pleaser!
Watch me make my southern blueberry cobbler, and be sure to print out the recipe!
- 5 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 box of store bought pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the blueberries in a large mixing bowl, then sprinkle in the sugar, and nutmeg.
- Add in the lemon juice, vanilla, then sprinkle in the cornstarch.
- Fold the ingredients, then set the bowl to the side.
- Take one of the store bought pie crust, and cut it in half.
- Now cut the half of crust in small squares.
- Toss the small squares/ dumplings into bowl with blueberries.
- Fold the ingredients.
- Lightly butter or spray a 8x11 bake dish.
- Toss in the blueberry mixture, and flatten.
- Top the cobbler with the remaining whole crust.
- Bake the cobbler for 40 minutes.
- Let the cobbler cool.
- Serve alone or with ice cream.