Hey friends! I have a super easy chicken dinner idea for you. I’m going to show you how to make a complete chicken dinner in the CrockPot! This is perfect for all of you busy parents, working individuals, and students. You simply season the chicken. Toss it in the slow cooker along with some potatoes, carrots, and onions. Set your slow cooker on high for 3 hours, and baby you have yourself a complete chicken dinner!
I used a whole chicken for my easy slow cooker chicken meal. However, you can use legs, thighs, or whatever piece that you want to use! Also, you’ll see that I stuffed the chicken with a fresh lemon. I just LOVE citrus with chicken, but if you don’t feel free to leave the lemon out.. Or, stuff the chicken with celery ( it’s pretty darn good too!
Watch my slow cooker chicken dinner tutorial!
- 4-5 lb whole chicken, cleaned & everything removed from cavity
- 3 tbsp salted butter, softened
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ lb baby carrots, washed
- 1 small onion, washed & diced
- ¾ lb baby red potatoes, washed & chopped
- 1 large lemon, sliced in half
- * Nontick spray
- Clean the chicken, then pat dry.
- Stuff the chicken cavity with the sliced lemon
- Combine the butter, thyme, rosemary, sage, onion powder, and minced garlic. Rub all over the chicken.
- Season the chicken with the salt & pepper.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray then add in the chicken.
- Next add in the carrots, then the potatoes.
- Sprinkle in the minced onions.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, set on high, and cook for 3 hours.
- Serve & enjoy!