I love roast chicken! I have so many different recipes for roast chicken, and I love them all. However, when I’m pushing for time, and don’t want to use a lot of fancy ingredients, I like to use my simple roast chicken recipe.
My simple roast chicken is exactly that. SIMPLE. I use whole chicken, and I seasoning it with kosher salt, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground sage. If you don’t want to use a whole chicken, you can use your favorite chicken pieces.
I like to roast my chicken in the oven on 400 F. Roasting the chicken at a higher temperature make the chicken nice and golden brown with crispy skin. I do not suggest roasting at a lower temperature ( although I have in the past, but I have seen the light & have upgraded my chicken game!), otherwise you’ll have soggy slippery chicken skin… Trust me hunny. …You don’t want that!
Check out my video tutorial for this simple roast chicken
- 4-5 pound whole chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil ( or your favorite vegetable oil)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1½ tsp smoked ( or plain) paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Thoroughly clean the chicken, then cut the backbone out, and flatten the chicken.
- Pat dry the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil, and rub all over the chicken.
- Combine all of the seasonings and sprinkle all over the chicken.
- Place the roaster rack in the roaster.
- Spray your roaster rack with nonstick spray, then place the chicken on top.
- Roast the chicken for about 50 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes, then cut.
- Serve & enjoy!