I love easy pasta salad recipes, and apparently so do a lot of my subscribers. I have been getting a ton of recipe request for easy macaroni salad recipes. Although I have a couple macaroni salad recipes uploaded, such as my creamy macaroni salad, and my summer pasta salad – I still decided to upload a new and very simple macaroni salad recipe. This time I’m making Seafood Macaroni Salad!
For my seafood macaroni salad I use large elbow macaroni pasta, and I add lots of shrimp and crab. I actually use imitation crab meat for this easy pasta salad for several reasons. The first reason is because it’s less expensive than regular crab. The second reason is because I LOVE imitation crab. If you’d like to use real crab meat, you can.
Other than the seafood mentioned, I also use a combination of celery, onion, and sliced black olives. The dressing for this salad is a combination of mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, and seasonings. I like a lot of dressing in my salad, but if you don’t you can use less!
Once everything is done, I usually cover up my seafood macaroni pasta salad, and place it in the refrigerator until it’s nice and cold. If you can, try making this pasta salad a day before. That way the flavors can marry each other overnight. The outcome is amazing!
Check out my video tutorial for this easy Seafood Macaroni Salad!
- 3 cups dry elbow macaroni pasta ( large or small will work)
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, shells removed
- 1 lb imitation crab meat
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp salt (for boiling the pasta)
- Boil the pasta in lightly salted water( boil in a medium sized pot, with 1 tsp of salt), until it's al dente.
- Drain the pasta once done, and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- Now sprinkle in the cajun seasoning, and old bay seasoning. Mix well.
- Add in the seafood, and toss or stir in the bowl until it's covered with the dressing.
- Add in the onions, celery, and olives.
- Next add in the elbow macaroni pasta, and fold all of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle in the dried parsley flakes and fold the ingredients.
- Cover the pasta, and refrigerate until it's nice and cold.
- Serve and enjoy!