How to make easy Homemade Red Velvet Waffles
Hi friends, Valentines Day is approaching and I have the perfect recipe for you- Red Velvet Waffles! Usually when people think of Valentines day they only think of romantic dinners, and desserts. Why not make an amazing breakfast for the ones that you love? Everyone loves breakfast right? And who doesn’t like waffles? My recipe for homemade red velvet waffles if quiet easy, and it’s very similar to my red velvet cake recipe. I don’t use any fancy ingredients, everything can be found at your local grocery store. Check it out!
Watch my video tutorial
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 oz red food coloring ( you may use less)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, unsweetened cocoa, and sugar.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, vegetable oil, and buttermilk.
- Mix until well combine, then add in the vanilla, vinegar, and red food coloring.
- Mix the waffle batter until everything is well incorporated.
- Heat up the waffle iron, once hot, pour about ½ cup ( read your waffle irons instructions) of bater onto the iron.
- Cook the waffles until done, then remove from the iron, and place the waffles on a cooling rack for about 1 minute or so.
- Serve and enjoy!