How to make easy mini cherry pie bites. You only need a few ingredients for this mini pie recipe!
Who loves cherry pie? This girl that’s who! No shame in my game. I love cherry pie in all shapes and form. I love classic cherry pies, cherry pie turnovers, those lil cherry pie crescent rolls with cream cheese filling, I don’t care I love it all! When it comes to making cherry pie, I prefer to make cherry pie bites. Why, because they are super easy, and take very little time & ingredients.
In this post I’m going to show you how to make adorable semi homemade cherry pie bites. All you need 6 ingredients!
These mini cherry pie bites are perfect to make for dessert bars, brunch, or potlucks.
Give this mini Cherry Pie Bites Recipe a try and tell me what you think!
- 2 packages pre-made pie dough
- 15 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 24 slot mini muffin tin, set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one of the pie crusts into a roughly rectangular shape (about a quarter inch thickness) and cut out 12 three inch rounds.
- Press the dough rounds into the muffin tin and repeat the same process with the other pie crust.
- Combine the cherry pie filling and almond extract. Mix well.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling into the bottom crusts .
- Knead your leftover dough together, and re-roll it out.
- Cut enough 1½ squares to cover each of the pies.
- Slice each dough square into 4 strips and arrange in a lattice like formation over the tops of the pies.
- In a small bowl, stir together the egg and water with a fork.
- Using a basting brush, brush the top dough with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the hearts are golden.
- Let cool.
- Serve & enjoy!