Lemon ice cream cake made with just a few ingredients. This recipe is super simple!
Lemon ice cream cake! How amazing does that sound? I swear I love lemon desserts, especially during the spring & summer months. However, when it’s too hot, I prefer not to bak . In this post I’m going to show you how to make a easy lemon ice cream cake, with just a few ingredients!
This recipe includes a store bought lemon cake. So no worries if you’re not the best baker! Feel free to use your favorite store brand or bakery lemon cake.
I used vanilla ice cream, but you can certainly use another flavor if you choose.
I love blueberries, so I decided to include them. You can use strawberries, raspberries, or even peaches! Simply use whatever fruit you’d like to use.
Again, this cake is super easy. Definitely give this recipe a try. Be sure to check out the recipes below as as well!
- 1 13 ounce lemon pound cake
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream
- 1 ½ cups of cool whip
- ½ cup of fresh blueberries
- Slice pound cake length wise in half, then proceed to cut the halves in half once more to create four slices.
- In a plastic wrap lined bread pan add in the first cake slice, top with a third pint of ice cream, continue layering cake and ice cream.
- Wrap cake with plastic wrap and freeze a minimum of six hours.
- Unwrap cake and place on a platter, quickly frost with cool whip and blueberries. You can either serve right away, or freeze until it’s ready to serve.