Layered Baked Spaghetti with ground beef, Italian sausage, and cheddar cheese!
During the holiday season, I have several dinner parties. I make sure that I’m always ready to host, by having several freezer meals on hand. One of my favorite freezer meals that I love serving during the holidays, or any other gatherings would have to be my Layered Baked Spaghetti!
My recipe for baked spaghetti is quite easy. I use ground beef, Italian sausage, and lots of cheese. I layer all the ingredients in a 9×13 bake dish, then I either freeze it for later use, or bake it.
Freezing this easy baked spaghetti is simple. All you have to do is use a aluminum bake dish, layer the ingredients, cover with the aluminum bake dish lid, and label.
When you’re ready to cook the spaghetti, simply remove from the freezer, let thaw, uncover, and bake for 30-40 minutes.
You can freeze the spaghetti for up to 2 months! Cool right? Be sure to check out my Freezer Meal 101 page for more freezer meal tips!
Watch my video tutorial for this easy baked spaghetti recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- 2 lbs ground beef
- l lb ground Italian Sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 45 ounces of pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 12 ounces yellow sharp cheddar, shredded
- 6 ounces white sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt & Pepper for taste.
- Brown the ground beef, and Italian sausage over medium heat. Drain fat.
- Toss in the onions, and cook until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic along with the pasta sauce, and stir.
- Pour in the pasta sauce, and stir.
- Sprinkle in Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper.
- Stir the ingredients, and turn the heat down to low.
- Let cook for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti pasta until al dente'.
- Drain the pasta, then set to the side.
- Grab a 9x13 bake dish, and add a some of the meat sauce at the bottom.
- Next add some of the spaghetti pasta, then the sauce, followed by the cheese.
- Repeat the layering process.
- Leave the spaghetti uncovered.
- Bake on 350 F for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Simply use a 9x13 aluminum bake dish, layer the spaghetti, Cover with aluminum lid, and freeze until you're ready to bake! Can be frozen for up to 2 months!
Make sure that you label the pan with the date. When you're ready to make the spaghetti, remove from the freezer, let thaw, then bake for 30-40 minutes on 350 F