How to make quinoa salad, with grilled vegetables. Definitely one of my favorite quinoa recipes!
Hey y’all in this post, I’m going to share a healthier recipe with you. We’ll be making easy quinoa salad with grilled vegetables!
This quinoa salad is the perfect vegetarian dish. It has delicious grilled peppers, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes. The cooked quinoa, and vegetables are combined, then drizzled with a homemade dressing!
Want to know how to cook quinoa?
Cooking quinoa is easy. All you have to do is combine 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water or broth( I prefer vegetable broth), and 1 tbsp of salted butter in a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the liquid is absorbed! The result is super flavorful & fluffy quinoa!
Not wanting to cook quinoa on the stove top? You can cook quinoa in a rice cooker too! Simply cook it with the same ingredients listed above, and turn on the rice cooker!
Now that we’ve learned how to cook quinoa, let’s get to out quinoa salad recipe!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 14 spears asparagus
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine veggies.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper, then pour over veggies.
- Grill the veggies for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked.
- Let the veggies cool then cut into bite size pieces, but leave tomatoes intact.
- Mix the veggies with the quinoa.
- In a separate bowl combine ⅛ cup olive oil, 2 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar, and 1 ½ tbsp dijon mustard.
- Whisk the ingredients, then pour over the salad.
- Toss until well combined.
- Chill in the fridge about one hour.
- Serve & enjoy!