Quick & Easy Honey Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Hey friends! I’ve been getting a lot of request for more dinner for twos, healthier recipes, and quick and easy recipes. I decided to just take care of those request with one simple recipe – My Honey Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry! This recipe is perfect for those that are trying to get ‘Summer Time Fine”, and it also makes the perfect dinner for two ( or three… maybe four). This dish can easily be made in under 30 minutes, and it requires very little ingredients.
For this stir fry I used boneless skinless chicken thighs. I use thighs instead of chicken breast for several reasons.
- Chicken thighs are cheaper
- Chicken thighs don’t dry out as fast as chicken breast do
- I’m more of a chicken thigh fan…
If you want to use chicken breast you totally can. Just keep in mind that the cooking time will change.
I used a lot of frozen vegetables for this stir fry. It made everything so easy. All I had to do is open up a bag, and put the veggies in my skillet! I used frozen vegetables from two different bags.
The stir fry blend included
- Yellow Carrots
- Green beans
- Snap Peas
- & Chestnuts
The frozen pepper blend included
- Red Bell Peppers
- Green Bell Peppers
- Orange Bell Peppers
BOTH bags can be found at the Dollar Tree!
I also added a some chopped carrots that I had on hand, but only because I want to put use to them ( you know I try to put use to everything!) If you want to add more veggies you certainly can!
Once everything is done you can serve it as is, or you can serve it over rice like I did. Definitely give this recipe a try, and tell me what you think!
Watch me make it here
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in cubes or strips
- 2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
- 2 cups frozen peppers
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt or salt free seasoning
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Pour the vegetable oil into a skillet and place the skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is nice and hot, add in the chicken.
- Sprinkle in all of the seasons, and stir. Cook the chicken thoroughly, the drizzle the only all over the chicken.
- Once the chicken is nicely coated with the honey, remove it from the skillet and set it to the side.
- Place the vegetables into the skillet, and cook them for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic, and stir it in with the rest of the ingredients
- Add the chicken back into the skillet.
- Let cook for another 5 minutes, then remove from the skillet from the heat ( or turn of your electric skillet).
- Serve, and enjoy!