Crab cakes that can made on the grill or stove top!
I have a sweet, and very persistent, subscriber on Youtube that has been asking me to make crab cakes for a while now. Since she has been very patient with me ( well kind of, LOL!), I decided to throw some crab cakes on the grill and record them… YES – I grilled them!! Believe it or not, it was quite easy to do ( watch the video below), and it wasn’t time consuming at all.
These crab cakes can be done on the grill ( with a cast iron griddle) or on the stove top. I used canned crab meat, because it was easy to find, but you can use fresh crab meat.
Here’s the recipe
- 1 lb crab meat ( with lumps of crab and shredded crab)
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onions
- 1/4 cup diced sweet peppers
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 sliced white bread, crust removed
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp hot sauce ( optional)
- Remove the crust from the bread, then cut the bread into cubes.
- Add all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Form the crab into patties.
- Lightly oil a griddle then place it on top or a grill, and heat the grill to 350 F. OR lightly oil a pan, and place it over medium- medium high heat.
- Fry each side of the crab cake for about 3-5 minutes, or until it’s nice and golden.
- Serve and enjoy!