A quick and easy way to customize barbecue sauce using KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rubs!
Hey y’all! How many of you have starting BBQ?! You know I have! I’ve been grilling, and making oven barbecue for the past week or so. I guess you can say that I have been prepping for my summer barbecues, because I’ve been playing around with different barbecue flavors. Usually, this can be a task – you know mixing up everything, and simmering the sauce. However, I took a few shortcuts. Lately I’ve been playing around with KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rubs. All I have to do is mix the BBQ sauce mix & dry rub with either water, juice, beer, or bourbon and I’m good to go! If you’re like me, you’ll probably add your own little twist to the bbq sauce(because I like to experiment), but it’s not necessary.
KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rubs come in 3 flavors:
- KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Original
- KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey
- KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Spicy Habanero
My current favorite one is the Sweet Honey. I actually used it, and made a customized barbecue sauce. What did I make? I made Honey Ginger Barbecue Sauce, and paired it with chicken thighs. It was super easy to put together, and extremely delicious.
Check out how I made my honey ginger barbecue chicken thighs!
For this recipe you will need 1 lb of chicken thighs, KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey, ginger, pure honey, apple juice, and salt and pepper.
To get started, you’ll need to season the chicken thighs with a little salt and pepper.
Next, cover the chicken, and bake for 30 minutes.
Combine the bbq sauce mix & dry rub with the honey, minced ginger, and apple juice.
Remove the chicken from the oven and add on your desired amount of sauce. Bake in the oven, uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
Serve and enjoy! It’s just that easy.
Are you ready to try it yourself? Print out the recipe!
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 package of KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ tsp finely minced ginger
- salt and pepper ( your desired amount)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Rinse, then pat dry your chicken with paper towels.
- Combine the package of KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey with 1 tbsp of pure honey, 1 cup apple juice, and ½ tsp minced ginger.
- Make sure that you mix the ingredients/ until everything is well incorporated.
- Grab a 9 x 13 bake dish, and spray it with nonstick spray.
- Place the chicken in the bake dish, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the bake dish with foil, and bake the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven, and brush on desired amount of sauce.
- Place the chicken back in the oven, this time uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve, and enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.