Hey y’all if you’ve been following me for quite some time now, you know that I am always coming up with a new recipe for chicken. Whether it be fried, baked, or grilled, my chicken recipes are pretty much endless! That’s why when I heard about The House-Autry Great Chicken Challenge, I was all ears!
House-Autry is currently looking for the best chicken recipes. All you have to do is submit your chicken recipe, and they will give it a House-Autry twist! Each week, new recipes will be chosen. If your recipe is selected, you can win a nice amount of House-Autry supplies, PLUS a $100 gift card. Wanna know the best part? At the end of the contest, a digital cookbook, featuring recipes from the challenge will be created. The cookbook will be sold for $5, and ALL the proceeds will go to Military In Action, which is an organization dedicated to providing assistance to active duty and retired US military men and women! Sounds pretty awesome right?
I decided to join in on the fun and submit my recipe for Chicken Lasagna. The chef & recipe engineers at House-Autry hooked my recipe up and gave it a little bit of their flavor
Check it out!
- 1 8-ounce box House-Autry Chicken Breader divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, or breast
- Canola oil for pan-frying
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 large orange sweet pepper, seeded and sliced into ¼ circles
- 1 large red sweet pepper, seeded and sliced into ¼ inch circles
- 1 large egg plant, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salt free seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cups shredded Gouda cheese
- 4 cups Italian blend cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons House Autry Chicken Breader
- 1 box oven ready lasagna pasta
- Dump the House-Autry Chicken Breader into a large bowl. Measure out 3 tablespoons and reserve for later. Prepare the breader as instructed on the box and dust the chicken pieces in the breader.
- In a skillet, pour in enough oil to come ½ inch up the sides. Heat to 375° then pan-fry the chicken pieces in batches until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels, then slice and reserve
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Place all the vegetables, except for the spinach, in a roasting
- pan and drizzle the olive oil over the veggies. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the salt free seasoning, and Italian seasoning on the veggies, then toss, coating nicely.
- Roast the vegetables for 10 minutes and they have taken some color. Remove from the oven and toss in the spinach, tossing with the hot veggies to wilt. Reserve.
- In a large pot add the butter, and place over medium
- heat. Once the butter melts and starts to bubble, sprinkle in
- tablespoons of breader. Stir to form a roux and cook for a minute or so.
- Pour in the heavy cream and whisk until the mixture is lump
- Free, then add the milk. Add in the shredded Gouda, and stir until smooth and creamy. Reduce the heat down to low.
- At the bottom of a deep 9x13-baking dish, add some of the vegetables,
- and chicken. Pour some of the cheese sauce on top, then
- add a layer of the lasagna pasta.
- Next add more vegetables, chicken, and cheese sauce, then
- Sprinkle some of the Italian cheese blend, then another layer of pasta. Repeat twice more.
- On top of the last layer of pasta, add the remaining of the
- cheese sauce, and Italian cheese.
- Cover the dish, and bake on 375 F, for 35 minutes. Remove the cover from the pasta, and let bake for another10- 15 minutes.
- Let the lasagna sit for 10 minutes before serving.
I’m definitely going to give this recipe a go!
The Great Chicken Challenge ends November 9, 2015. So don’t waste another second – Submit your chicken recipe to House-Autry today!
This is a sponsored post