How to make easy baked stuffed cabbage rolls with ground turkey, peppers, and rice!
When I first started my YouTube journey, I uploaded a recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls. I didn’t make a traditional hungarian or polish stuffed cabbage roll, I just kept it really simple like I usually do. Well, I still make my cabbage rolls with the same ingredients. However, I prepare the rolls differently.
Check out my revised recipe for Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1 small head of cabbage( about 2 lbs)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup diced sweet peppers
- 1½ cup cooked rice
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 lb ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 tsp seasoning salt OR 1 tbsp salt free seasoning
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups vegetable marinara
- parsley flakes (optional)
- Peel the cabbage leaves off, but leave ¼ of the cabbage.
- Rinse the cabbage leaves under cool water, then place them into a large pot.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot , and boil the cabbage over high heat until tender.
- Chop the remaining cabbage and rinse it under cool water.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of vegetable oil into a large pan, then place the pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, toss in the sweet peppers, onions, and chopped cabbage.
- Cook until translucent then add in the rice, cook for 2 more minutes, then turn off the heat, and let cool down.
- Place the ground turkey into a large mixing bowl, then add in the veggies, and rice.
- Mix until well combined.
- Remove the tender cabbage leaves from the pot, then place the meat mixture in the middle of each cabbage leaf, and roll.
- Pour some of the vegetable marinara sauce in a 9x13 bake dish, then add in the cabbage rolls.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the cabbage rolls.
- Cover the bake dish with aluminum foil, then bake the rolls on 350 F for about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!