How to make a easy chicken pot pie with minimum ingredients
Hey y’all! I have another super easy recipe for you ad your family to enjoy! Not only does this recipe scream comfort food, but it will also give you a chance to get rid of any leftover chicken that you may have. In this post I’ll be showing you how to make a semi homemade chicken pot pie.
For my chicken pot pie I take several shortcuts.
- I will use leftover chicken
- I used frozen peas and carrots, along with chopped onions and celery.
- I will use store bought crust
- Use cream of mushroom soup
Again, the chicken that I am using is leftover boneless skinless chicken thighs. You can use chicken breast as well.
Also if you’re not a fan of cream of mushroom soup, feel free to use cream of celery, or cream of mushroom.
Instead of making a homemade crust, I decided to use Pillsbury Pie Crust. Not only does it taste amazing, but it cut down a lot of the preparation time.
Be sure to bake the bottom pie crust for about 5 minutes prior to adding in the filling. This step prevents the crust from becoming soggy, so don’t skip it!
Here’s the video tutorial & recipe!
- 2 cups of chopped or shredded leftover chicken
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots,
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 14.5 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 package of store bought crust
- Drizzle in 1 tbsp of vegetable oil into a skillet, and turn the heat to medium.
- Next toss in the celery, and onions. Cook until they soften.
- Toss in the chicken, followed by the peas & carrots. Stir until well combined.
- Now add int he minced garlic and stir until it's well incorporated.
- Pour in the cream of mushroom soup, and ¼ cup of milk.
- Mix everything until it's well combined, then sprinkle in the pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then turn off and remove the pan from the heat.
- Roll out on of the pie crust, and place it into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Poke a few holes at the bottom, and side of the dough.
- Bake the pie crust for 5 minutes on 350 F.
- Remove the pie crust from the oven, then pour in the chicken pot pit filling.
- Top the pie with the second crust, and pinch or seal the edges.
- Bake on 350 F for 20- 25 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!