Easy delicious Crock-Pot® jambalaya made with quinoa, chicken, andouille sausage, shrimp, and more!
This post is a Sponsored Partnership with Crock-Pot ® Brand
Everyone knows that I adore Crock-Pot ® slow cookers. I’m always using them, especially during the busy school week. I love the fact that I am able to just toss everything into a pot, set the temperature on high or low, and time, then go on about about my day. One of my favorite things to make in the Crock-Pot ® slow cooker during the week is Jambalaya. Recently, I’ve been on a quinoa kick, so I like to make Quinoa Jambalaya instead of making the same old traditional Rice Jambalaya.
For my Quinoa Jambalaya I use colorful bell peppers, yellow onions, and celery. I find that they add a ton of flavor. I also like using cooked chicken breast, and andouille sausage. The chicken breast can be leftover chicken, frozen grilled chicken, or rotisserie chicken breast.
I add all the ingredients mentioned above into my Crock-Pot ® slow cooker. I also add in quinoa, canned diced tomatoes, garlic, cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and bay leaves.
I give everything a nice stir, place the lid on my Crock-Pot ® slow cooker, then set on high for 4 hours.
The outcome of is always amazing.. Check it out!
Ready to make this Jambalaya for yourself? Check out my short video tutorial & recipe below!
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 Andouille Sausage links, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled & deviened
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, diced
- 32 ounce can of diced tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Add everything into the Crock-Pot ®.
- Stir ingredients.
- Set the Crock-Pot ® on high.
- Let cook for 4 hours.
- During the last 20 minutes of cooking, toss in the shrimp, stir, and let cook for the remaining time.
- Serve & Enjoy!