Chicken wonton tacos made with tender shredded chicken, crispy wonton shells, and delicious toppings.
My husband and I love wonton tacos. At one time we were hooked to Applebees wonton tacos, but I started making my own at home – and that was the end off that! These wonton tacos are simply amazing, and they are easy to make! You can serve them as an appetizer or for dinner. Feel free to use as many or as little topping that you’d like.
Check out how I made these chicken wonton tacos.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, or breast
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp salt free seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- Package of Wonton wrappers
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Place the chicken in a bowl or on a plate.
- Drizzle the oil over the chicken, then season with taco seasoning, and salt free seasoning.
- Grill the chicken until it's cooked throughout.
- Shred the chicken, then set it to the side.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a frying pan, and heat the oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is nice and hot, fry the wonton wrappers until nice and golden( watch the video tutorial).
- Stuff the wrappers with the chicken, and top with the carrots, cabbage, and sour cream.
- Serve and enjoy!