Seriously this is the best mussel recipe ever! After trying this mussels recipe, you will never need another. It’s just that bomb!
I love seafood, so when I made these mussel, and feel completely in love with outcome, I just knew that I had to share the recipe!
These mussels are smothered in a garlicky butter sauce, that will have you licking you fingers like crazy. They are also topped with cheese, and well – you all know how I love cheese.
Unlike many mussels recipes, these mussels aren’t steamed. Believe it or not, we’re going to be baking them! Like my oven baked crab legs… Remember those?!
You have to try this mussel recipe y’all! Like seriously, this is the best. Feel free to eat these mussels as an appetizer, a main dish, or serve with pasta!
Want more seafood? Check out these recipes!
Let me know what other seafood recipes you want, and don’t forget to follow me on Facebook & Pinterest!
- 2 Pounds Fresh Mussels
- ½ Cup Butter
- 8 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- ½ inch cube Fresh Ginger, sliced
- 1 Cup Medium or Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ Tsp. Dried Thyme
- ⅛ Tsp. Cayenne Powder
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parsley, minced for garnishing
- *Water for boiling
- Clean mussels by brushing the outer shell and washing with cold running water. Remove the dark hairy parts!
- Boil a pot of water with ginger. ( Make sure it's enough water to soak the fresh mussels)
- Add mussels and boil for one to two minutes.
- Drain water.
- Separate the shells of mussels - discard the empty shells.
- Transfer the mussel meat with shell to a tray lined with lightly greased foil.
- Any mussels that did not open when boiled, opt to discard them.
- In a skillet, melt butter over low heat and fry garlic until slightly golden.
- Turn off the heat and add dried thyme and cayenne powder.
- Spoon garlic-butter mixture over mussels.
- Season with ground black pepper.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake mussels in a preheated oven of 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve & enjoy!